Instagram marketing is one of the most important activities for any business. Within our own companies, we spend every working day developing strategy, planning and executing on our multiple marketing approaches for our brands, and a lot of it includes the use of Instagram. For us, Instagram is a crucial marketing platform because if you can master it, you can elegantly convey the story of your brand to drive sales.
- Instagram is a massive platform with reaching 1 billion monthly users.
- The social media platform is visually appealing to people and much less divisive than other tools.
- Because people can see your brand identity and its story, you can convert people to become your customers.
- Facebook, the parent company of Instagram, understands the power of its platform and is continually updating it with more features.
Because of the power of Instagram, here are the top five things your marketing team should be doing on the platform to help ensure the success of your brand awareness and sales conversion efforts.
- eCommerce: Instagram is an excellent platform for e-commerce and Amazon sellers have flocked to it for their businesses. Shopping on Instagram allows companies to promote their products and services directly to people in a fun, fresh and engaging manner in combination with photo, carousel, and video advertisements. When you use a tool such as Shopping, you can reach 90 million users who actively shop on Instagram. In other words, there is a lot of revenue possibility within Instagram.
- Stories Ads: One of the best features on Instagram is the Stories feature, which allows you to post content that disappears in 24 hours. In sales, we know pushing demand helps drive urgency to buy if a marketing campaign is done properly. A Stories advertisement allows you to leverage and complement your Stories posts to entice Instagram users to purchase your products and services. These kinds of ads raise awareness for your brand, sales and are a great way to improve your bottom line results
- Tagging: Another excellent strategy to employ on Instagram is tagging users, current or past clients. By tagging people, you’re increasing the exposure and engagement for your brand and its products or services. A few ways that you can tag people, without being obtrusive, is to tag influencers that you know in response to content that is relevant and meaningful to them. You can also tag users during a contest or poll that your company may be undertaking. A final thought is to tag people who are on your team. Remember, your team are your front-line brand ambassadors.
- Influencers: Influencers in social media are big business, and a lot of the time, they are not Hollywood celebrities. Instead, you’ll find influencers to be people from all walks of life who have a real knack for marketing themselves, their brand and what interests them on social media, including on Instagram. If you want to attract influencers, start by taking a look at the people who follow you and the number of followers they have on the platform. Follow people on Instagram who are influencers in your business sector and engage with them, so they get to know you. Remember, buying followers, often fake accounts, is not a great strategy. Use a tool like Social Blade to know how perceived influencers got their followers.
- Post Exceptional Photos and Videos: Instagram is all about visual appeal. With 95 million visual posts a day, it’s crucial that your photos and videos stand out. Develop and curate content with images that are of professional quality. Each photo or video should stand on its own and cause people on the social media platform to go “wow.” Take advantage of Instagram filters to change the color and even the mood of your images.
Instagram is one of the best platforms to engage with users, have people make purchases and convincingly tell a visually compelling story about your brand. But, you have to stand out from the millions of other brands. Take the time to understand Instagram and then make it a point to master it for the success of your company and to drive sales.
© 2019 Wayne Elsey. All Rights Reserved